COVID-19 Resources and news
Useful COVID-19 resources for small businesses
In what is no doubt a time of crisis for many small businesses it can be hard for small busines owners to know where to start when looking for reliable information on the help that they can access.
We have been pleased that so many of our clients have turned to us for assistance at this time, and we have so far been able to maintain our policy of providing information, support and services in relation to this crisis at no charge to our clients.
To make it easier for clients to access the latest information that is relevant to their business, we are posting updates under separate headings:
Institute of Chartered Accountants in Engalnd and Wales (ICAEW) COVID-19 hub- free online resource
The ICAEW continue to maintain one of the best summaries of UK government support and guidance on their COVID-19 hub, with the information clearly organised into separate sections for:
- All businesses
- Micro and small businesses
- Retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
Twitter accounts to follow
Following twitter accounts can be a great way to keep up to date with the latest developments affecting your business. Here are some of our favourites:
- Martin Lewis @MartinSLewis – founder of MoneySavingExpert.com provides regular updates on new measures announced and looks at the real world impact of these for business owners and other workers
- Enterprise Nation @e_nation – online small business community tweeting regularly on government announcements along with general topical tips for small business onwers. Highlights include the ‘lunch and learn’ series of webinars available at no charge covering a different business topic each day
- ICAEW @ICAEW – regulatory body for chartered accountants in England and Wales, providing authoritative updates and helpful resources
- Creative Scotland @CreativeScots – public body that supports the creative sector in Scotland, providing useful information on funding sources for the sector
- Creative Edinburgh @CreativeEdin – great for information on funding sources available across the creative sector, including emergency funds, one-off grants and funding pots
- Paul Lewis @paullewismoney – freelance financial journalist and broadcaster tweeting analyses of changing landscape for businesses
- ScotGovEconomy @scotgoveconomy – for news on Scottish Government support initiatives for businesses
- FreeAgent @freeagent – accounting software provider with excellent range of easy to read guides covering various aspects of running a small business, including topics specifically relating to COVID-19
If you would like to find out more about the ways in which we could help your business at this time then please get in touch.